Sunday, February 15, 2009

Loriot's 60th Birthday


I needed a masculine 60th birthday card... As I'm VERY bad at masculine cards, I wanted to combine it with today's Splitcoast featured stamper challenge to get some inspiration. Today's featured stamper is Julie - you have to visit her wonderful blog: Stamps and Taxes! Julie creates really beautiful cards in a very distinct style - many layers, clear and crisp layout.
I used a stamp with a scene from a German animated cartoon comedy which I really love. It has a very special subtle humor, and I was soooo happy when I once got these stamps...
I took Julie's Halloween Frights card as my inspiration piece, but changed the number of layers, the dp (thought it is also striped), the cuttlebug folder and the size of the whole card. Yeah, and I'll NEVER be able to tie such perfect bows as Julie does...
And... I used the tiniest of all my tiny flowers on the man's suit. You know what the problem with tiny little flowers is? Hmmm, they are TINY and SMALL and hide behind my whole stash of flowers, LOL!!!
So...this card was stamped in two minutes... but it felt like hours to assemble it with this ... bow and this TINY flower!!!!

Card details:
* Loriot stamp: manufacturer unknown. Sentiment stamp: Kaleidoskop. Numbers stamps: Hero Arts
* Ink: Palette Noir
* Colors: Tombow markers
* And: Green and brown cardstock. The dp is from a series called Bohemian Christmas, but I don't know the manufacturer. Burgundy sheer ribbon. Black metallic brads (Making Memories). Cuttlebug embossing folder. TINY Prima flower. Red rhinestone.

No comments: