Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dream of (or on?) Wood


One more card stamped onto veneer leftovers I recently got from a neighbour who works as a carpenter. I'm totally intrigued with this fantastic material which gives so unexpected effects because there are no two pieces alike. I tride to stamp onto the veneer with dye ink, but the dye sinks into the veneer so that the image looks kind of faded. Then I used Colorbox Fluid Chalks - and they work GREAT!!!! I used the colors Dark Peony and Chestnut Roon - wanted to use Red Lipstick instead of Dark Peony at first, but my Red Lipstick ink pad was dry :-(
Nevertheless, the Dark Peony doesn't look that "pinky" on the veneer it looks at the inkpad, and I'm pretty content with the color shades I achieved with it. The film strip stamp is by Stamp-It. The background was created with Gel-A-Tins clear stamps stamped onto some bamboo specialty paper (again stamped with Colorbox Fluid Chalks Dark Peony and Chestnut Roon).

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

Oh how lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christiane - Deine Karte ist traumhft schön geworden!!!
Ich streichel mein Parkett Funier noch :-) !!!!

Lieben Gruß, Dai