Sunday, July 16, 2017

Oh Crab!

Hi!
Today it's my first turn on the Cards und More blog, and I hope you like what I prepared for you!

My vacation is over, but I'm still in maritime mood, so I used the Under the Sea set by Jane's Doodles for my card today. I wanted the sand and the rocks to look more realistic, so I colored my modeling paste with Ranger Distress inks and some water.
I prepared a panel for the sand and one for the rock with the colored modeling paste and die-cut the ocean ground and tore the rocks. Then I prepared the background panel with blue Ranger Distress inks and spritzed it with some water to create bubbles. I stamped and colored the fish, crab and shell and stamped the sentiments on some leftovers from my background panel. Then I created a slider for my crab to hide behind the rock and fixed the sentiment strip on the backside of the slider element so that you can pull it out to the left and the crab appears. I decorated my card with all the fish and other elements - finished!

Here you can see some details of the sand and rock structure created with the colored modeling paste:

Don't you just love the colorful and fun characters?

Thank you for reading! Have a great day, y'all - perhaps somewhere on the beach?

Materials I used:
Ranger Mini Distress Ink - Salty Ocean Distress Ink™ Stempelkissen Antique Linen Prima Marketing Inc. - art basics - PM961350 - Modeling Paste (16 oz) Jane's Doodles - Clear Stamps - UNDER THE SEA

No comments: