Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Today I want to show you a fun slider card with the little kiwis by Scrapadile.

For the egg, I blended Distress Oxides Bundled Sage, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron on a panel of white cardstock. I sprinkled some water and some diluted Distress Oxides Vintage Photo and Salty Ocean on it. Then I die-cut the egg with the crackle by Craft Emotions from the panel.

I stamped the cute kiwis by Scrapadile with black Memento ink and colored them with copicmarkers. To get some texture on their feathers, I dipped a piece of paper towel into Copic blending solution and dabbed it onto the image. I learned this technique recently from Kathy Racoosin and think it’s a great way to achieve subtle texture on small images where it can be tricky to use a lot of different Copic markers.

Here’s a close-up where you can see the texture better.


For the background, I stamped an full-cover stamp by Impression Obsession with light green dye ink onto a panel of textured white cardstock. I used the My Favorite Things Circle Spinner Channels Die-Namics to create a small channel into my background, then mounted the upper part of the egg onto a slider replenishment by My Favorite Things. The sitting kiwi and the lower part of the egg were glued below the slider channel, the upper part was put into the channel, the standing kiwi glued right from the egg. Oh, and I forgot the sentiment - it’s by Kartenkunst and was stamped with black Versafine ink onto the background. I mounted the whole background panel onto foam tape and glued it onto a green card.


Here's a little video of the slider card in motion!


No comments: