Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Splitcoaster Challenges


I'm a member of the Splitcoast Stampers, an online stamping community - okay, THE online stamping community. If you haven't been there yet, you have to take a glimpse:
Splitcoaststampers
I get a lot of inspiration there. There are challenges every day - great to try new techniques, new designs or to come down onto basic stamping in the limited supplies challenges.
Yesterday there was an Inspiration Challenge. This was my card for it:
This Day
I was inspired by the colors and the style of all those beautiful things displayed on the featured website, especially by those coffee mugs: http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/c...showprevnext=1

So this is what I came up with.

The image is stamped with Black StazOn on white Chromolux paper. Then I used the Teykol resist technique to set the highlights, then wiped with different shades of blue, purple and pink.
The butterfly brad in the corner is my tribute to all the other cards in the challenge which almost all used one or more butterflies...

1 comment:

Sankari W. said...

WOW! What a great technique! I just started a blog too recently and its been so much fun to see what other people do with their cards. This card is really quite cool - I love the effects of those colors! Can't wait to see more!
Best wishes,
Sankari