Thursday, December 25, 2008

Stampboard Angels...


It's months ago that I had the chance to take part in Sankari's and Brooke's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. I love this challenge, but during the last weeks, either I didn't know the movies or I didn't manage to get along with my cards in time. When I took a glance on this week's challenge, I was a little bit disappointed at first - again a movie I had not seen yet... But then I found out that it was broadcasted on TV at Holy Night, at midnight!!! Okay, a little late, but I recorded it, watched it this morning and was BLOWN AWAY!!!! Such a touching movie!!! I'm sure I'll watch it over and over again! But before watching it again, I had to stamp my creation for the challenge.
I chose the angel topic, too, as most challenge entries did. And I found a sentiment which I thought would be just perfect to catch the spirit of the movie.
I first sponged four stampboard tiles with different shades of blue Fluid Chalks (Colorbox), heatset the ink, then overstamped the angel images (Stampers Anonymous) with Palette Noir ink. Then I scratched white highlights into the images with a carving tool. I sealed the tiles with some spray varnish.
The sentiment and the scrolled lines are by Tim Holtz and stamped with Adirondack Snwocap White pigment ink. I dry-embossed the lines onto the card with my ScorePal.

What do you think about the result?

3 comments:

Tethered2Home said...

Thanks so much for posting the detail on how you did the tiles, it's GORGEOUS. Glad you got to enjoy the movie, it is so heartwarming, isn't it? Take Care, Amy.

Becky said...

WOW! It's gorgeous!

Ann said...

Wow! Love the blues, and those angel images are fabulous! :D