Saturday, May 22, 2010

Amy Atlas Inspired Retro Card


When I browsed the Amy Atlas Events gallery for today's Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge, I was fascinated by the colors Amy Atlas used for her dessert table on photo No. 108.


I would never have thought of combining red, olive, beige and purple. Nevertheless, I wasn't as brave as Amy Atlas was with these colors, so I chose a stamp with only an outline design to get not too much color onto my card, but added a cardstock stripe and flower taking up the colors of the stamped background. The stamp I used is the Fifties Fabric cube by Judi Kins, and for the flowers I used my EK Success punches. I used the Memento inkpads Lady Bug, Sweet Plum, Bamboo Leaves and Desert Sand.
Guess I'll have to add this color combo to my "Definitely YES!" list!

No comments: