Sunday, September 10, 2017

Surfing by...

Today I bring you some summer-sun-fun-holidays mood with a shaker card with this cool cat image by Penny Black.

 I started with the funny main image which is part of the Kool Kats stamp set by Penny Black. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers.


Then I cut a shaker window out of light blue cardstock with my cutting board, stamped the sentiment with Memento Paris Dusk ink on it and glued some acetate foil with Ranger Glossy Accents behind it. I cut narrow stripes of foam tape and glued them onto the acetate foil. Then I put some sequins (blue, green) and microbeads onto the image, positioned the shaker window over it and pressed it firmly down.
Now for the background. I used my Dutch Doobadoo Fabric stencil and wiped some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Cornflower Blue onto a white card base. I love the shimmer and texture you create with that, take a closer look!

That's it - just glue the shaker element onto the card base, and a fun card is finished.

 

Materials I used:

Penny Black - Clearstamp Kool kats Memento Stempelkissen TUXEDO BLACK   COPIC ciao Marker 36er Set A   X-Cut Super Trimmer Memento Stempelkissen PARIS DUSK  Ranger Glossy Accents  3D Foamtape - 2 m Rolle, 1 mm dick Pailetten - COL.6570 - 6mm - 9g  Pailetten - COL.7305 - 6mm - 9g Dutch Doobadoo Dutch Mask Art - Fabric  Tonic Nuvo embellishment mousse cornflower blue 

No comments: