Monday, October 9, 2017

Gift card from the Arctic


Hi and happy Monday!

When I saw this fab polar bear stamp by Woodware for the first time, I fell in love immediately! When I took a closer look, I thought, oh my, it is a really HUGE stamp! And then I had the idea that the polar bear should absolutely use his huge paws to hold something - so I came up with the idea for a gift card holder.
Whenever I use huge stamps like this one, I try to position them in an asymmetrical way to make them look less giant. In this card I could place the icebear's paw even partially outside of the card for an additional eye-catcher. But let's start from the beginning: The background was created with Ranger Distress Oxides Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans, then sprinkled with water and white Dylusions Paint to achieve the look of fallling snow. I stamped the bear with Memento Tuxedo Black onto white cardstock and colored him with Copic Markers, then I embellished his nose with clear Wink of Stella and Ranger Glossy Accents.The sentiment was created with Versamark ink and white embossing powder. I fussy-cut the ice bear, glued him diagonally onto the background, then cut along the edges of the background panel. I glued the background panel onto some blue double-folded card and placed the paw with foam tape over the edge.

For the inside, I followed exactly the same steps as for the front panel, but this time I placed the bear in the center of the page and cut two semi-circular slits about 1.5 cm from the lower edge (you can easily cut these slits with the help of a penny). The I placed both paws with foam tape as if they were holding the gift card.

I punched mini tags from light and dark blue cardstock with the and stamped the sentiment on the light blue one with Memento Tuxedo Black, then tied the two mini tags together with some baker's twine and attached them with a staple.
Finally I glued the panel on the inside of my double-folded card and put the gift card into the slits - there you are.

So what are you going to put into the ice bear's paws?

Materials I used:


Creative Expressions - Woodware Clear Stamps Set XMas - Self Portrait Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad Salty Ocean  Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad Faded Jeans  Ranger Dylusions Paint | Acrylfarbe - white linen  Memento Stempelkissen TUXEDO BLACK  COPIC ciao Marker 72er Set A   ZIG Wink of Stella Brush Clear Glitter MS-55/999  Ranger Glossy Accents  Tsukineko VersaMark Emboss Ink Pad clear - Embossing Kissen transparent MBoss Embossingpowder | Embossing Pulver - White   3D Foamtape - 2 m Rolle, 1 mm dick GARN & MEHR Bäcker-Garn rot  Kesi'Art MétaliKs - Stanze - Tags

No comments: