Saturday, October 4, 2008

Wet Leaves


Yippeeee! Creating two cards on one day - what a luxury, LOL! I enjoy a long weekend (yesterday it was the National holiday here in Germany) - so there could be no better date for the World Cardmaking Day!
Here's my card for the Cardmaking Day Insipiration Challenge on the SCS site. I chose the title of the Inspiration catalog as my inspirational piece and created a no-stamps-card (sorry!). The card catches up the wheather we have right at the moment: stormy and rainy!
I sponged my cuttlebug embossing folder with copper Brilliance ink and ran it through my machine with some black cardstock. The leaves are punched with my new Woodware punch (WHAT a tool!!!!) which not only punches the leaf but also embosses the strands. I sponged the leaves with copper, pearlescent ivy and gamma green Brilliance inks. I added some green fibers, green and brown leaves ribbon. The rain drops were created with Diamond glaze.
Wishing you all a great cardmaking night!

1 comment:

Sankari W. said...

oh my goodness this is gorgeous!! those raindrops are just beautiful!
when i look at your card - it feels as though i just stepped outside into the rain on a crisp fall day. Love the woodsy background and the feathery ribbon - beautiful! (and wow! what a punch to create such gorgeous leaves!!!)