Saturday, October 4, 2008

World Cardmakers' Day


I had the chance to play along with the World Cardmaking Day Challenges on the Splitcoaststampers forum today. I wanted to use some Teykol resist again - it's one of my absolute favorite techniques.
I stamped the image with Black StazOn onto glossy cardstock, then brushed some Teykol resist medium a little besides the lines of the image. When it was dry (it takes only a few minutes), I sponged different shades of Adirondack inks over the whole image. Finally, I added some highlights on the flowers with a white gelly pen. I matted the image with some black cardstock onto Basic Grey design paper and added some strips of cuttlebug-embossed cardstock. I sponged some cream and white Prima flowers with Adirondack inks and added brads. The sentiment is stamped onto a punch-out circle, the black border is drawn with a black marker.
Hey, I had fun with this card! I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Sankari W. said...

Wow Christiane! You are definitely the technique queen! you make it sound so easy to create such a beautiful card! I love what the white gel pen does to the card - it really pops out the image - and the cuttlebug embossed strips and custom colored flowers add such a great dimension and texture! beautiful! a great way to celebrate world cardmaking day! (which everyday should be ...right :)!!!!!