Saturday, October 3, 2009

Germany Meets Asia - Happy World Cardmaking Day!

This is for the Verve Stamps World Cardmaking Day challenge - pick a flag and use the color scheme of the flag. For some personal reasons, LOL, I chose the German flag though I have to admit that I personally do not that much like the black, red and gold combo of the flag. I first thought of a Christmas card with these colors, but couldn't get along with the black, so I chose an Asian image (by Inkadinkado) which worked much better for these colors. Hey girls, THIS is WORLD Cardmaking Day - Germany meets Asia!!!!



I used red and black cardstock, a Sizzix embossing folder inked up with Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink, Versamark ink and black embossing powder for the main image and mitsuhiki cords for the knot (which is the only complicated thing on this card...) and a gold gelly pen and Krylon pen for the highlights on the image and the edging.

No comments: