Friday, August 1, 2008

A Card for Faith...


I want to dedicate this card to Faith AKA Markie's Mom.
Today's Splitcoast challenge was to create some happy card which makes someone smile - okay, Faith makes me smile each and every day with her awesome happy cards and her stories about Speedy the Cat (though I'm not really sure if I should believe this incredible cat stories, LOL). But there remains the question: what does Speedy the Cat do the rest of the day? What does he dream of?
So, here's my story about Speedy the Cat - I just tried to imagine of what he might dream when he's just NOT about which stamp sets to choose for tomorrow's challenge... perhaps there would be many, many, oh so many colourful (Speedy LOVES bright colors, doesn't he?) fishes around him?!? Okay, when I look at the size dimensions, this could be some night mare as well, but those fishes look that friendly, don't they? I had to use some dots (otherwise I wouldn't dare to dedicate the card to Faith) and some glitter (perhaps a tribute to SparkleGirl?) on the fishes. Yikes, indeed, MUUUUCH glitter, LOL! And one of the fishes for sure is a girl - look at her lip gloss...

Okay, some serious things about the card: I stamped the image with brown Memento ink onto white cardstock, then colored the image with Tombow markers and a water brush, then added stickles. Two fishes and the cat were stamped again and cut out to achieve some dimension. I didn't want to distract too much from the image, so I used only a little paper clip as embellishment.

Faith, if you happen to look at this card, I hope you like it - and I hope Speedy likes it!

No comments: