Sunday, August 10, 2008

Unexpected but inspired cards...


I intended to create some totally different card today with my brandnew stamp sets I got for my birthday...
Okay, it was my fault that I checked the SCS Inspiration Challenge first... Out came an Asian stamp (as old as the hills, dating back into times when I didn't catalog my stamps, so I don't know the manufacturer) I already used for about 273 cards before, LOL! My new stamps will have to wait...
The branches were stamped with red pigment ink onto turquoise cardstock and embossed with red sparkling embossing powder. The flowers were colored with white Stargazers, and I added some highlight with a gold jelly pen to the branches. I stamped the Maze background with Versamark onto red cardstock, then brushed with Pearl Pigments. Then I sponged a cuttlebug embossing folder with Brilliance Galaxy Gold and embossed it onto some turquoise cardstock. Borders of the red panel and the card were edged with a Krylon pen, and finally I grabbed into the very deep ends of my craft stash and added a Chinese bookmark (which drowsed in my stash for ages) and some Chinese script peel-offs (I didn't expect to use them at all any longer...).
What can you learn from this card?
First: Don't check any inspiration challenges when you've got a card in mind already - could happen you'll never stamp it but something totally different!
Second: There's no embellishment you could not use some time - maybe it just takes ten years or so...
Third: Sometimes those unexpected cards are the ones you create in a minimum time and with maximum fun - this one took only fifteen minutes, and I like how it turned out!

1 comment:

Sankari W. said...

I was laughing over the list of things to learn from this card!!! LOL! I love the beauty of this card and am floored that it took only 15 minutes!!! Seriously?!! WOW!!! The colors are just vividly beautiful!