Sunday, August 3, 2008

A rough day?


Do you know how it feels when cards develop their own life? Today, Shellapoo is SCS featured stamper, and this was thought to be a case of Shellapoo's (Michelle's) wonderful Riley card (www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/971448?cat=500&ppuser=133522), because I've got this cute dog stamp on his chair, just as Riley, the only thing is that Riley is somewhat more diligent and knitting whereas doggie just enjoys life... I kept Michelle's color scheme and tried to keep on the layout, but the proportions of my stamp didn't work for that, so I had to use a different layout.
The dog is stamped several times with Black StazOn, then watercolored and cut out - one time the whole scene, then the chair with the doggie only, then only the doggie and finally only doggie's feet and the front and arms of the chair. I stacked the pieces together with dimensionals, then onto som scallop circle punchouts. The background paper is created with an inked cuttlebug embossing folder.
Dog stamp by Maryse Carrier, sentiment by Inkadinkadoo.
Michelle, I hope you like this card - at least I do love yours!!!

No comments: