Sunday, July 20, 2008

Asian Simplicity



I love Asian stamps, and after making so many sponged and brayered cards in the last weeks, I wanted to experiment a little bit with strong, non-shaded colors and clear designs. I stamped the water scene with VersaMark onto terracotta cardstock and embossed it with black powder. Then I went with a white gelly pen along the embossed lines to highlight them. I attached the scene onto white and black cardstock.
The background paper is made from black cardstock which I run through a cuttlebug embossing folder which I had inked up with Brilliance Copper ink. Though I used this "cuttlebug negative effect" before, I was really overwhelmed how "coppery" this turned out! I added a copper twine and a punched-out Asian symbol which I attached to a terracotta circle punch, again highlighted with a white gelly pen.
Though this is a VERY simple card and took only ten minutes, I really love how it turned out!
What do you think about it?

1 comment:

Biggan said...

This is art! Beautiful card!