Monday, July 7, 2008


This is a card I stamped recently for a friend. It uses a technique I call the acetate shadow technique. It's a little bit time consuming, but otherwise easy and guarantees for great results.

I first stamped the flowers with Versamark onto watercolor paper. Then I embossed it with white powder. After that I created a watercolor wash as background - important is to do this with a little patience in many layers (drying it with your heat tool between the layers speeds up the process), because only then you achieve all those color shades. After having finished this piece, I stamped the image again - this time with Black Memories onto acetate. Then I attached the acetate panel over the watercolor panel with some eyelets, but put it just a tiny bit beside the lines - so this is the way you get the black and white contrast. Because the acetate is not fully attached to the watercolor panel, there's a very little space in between the two panels what makes the acetate image give a slight shadow onto the watercolor panel and creates more depth and interest.

I mounted the panel onto some pink cardsock, then onto a green designer paper, added a ribbon and two scallop ovals (punched with my Marvy Uchida Scallop Punches) with a sentiment (Stampin'Up) and some stickles.
I hope you like it - try this technique yourself and have fun!

1 comment:

Sankari W. said...

wow what a great card! i have never tried that technique before - i will have to try that one soon! your friend is so lucky to receive such a beautiful card!
(that sentiment - find the joy in the little things - is one of my favorite sentiments). it is such an inspirational sentiment.
wishing you all the best always!
sankari