Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ever worked with Stampboard?


I'm going to travel to Stockholm, Sweden, tomorrow with my whole family - parents, parents-in-law, my brother and his fiancée. We're going to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary there. So, preparing this trp, I didn't really have the time to stamp.

Nevertheless, I want to show you a wonderful technique. Have you ever used stampboard yet? Stampboard is a thick material covered with a ceramic-like surface. You can stamp on it and color it with almost any colours or inks - everything works fine on it. And the most wonderful thing is, you can scratch into the coloured image to highlight some parts of the image.
Here you see a card on which I used three stampboard tiles. I sponged them with some Fluid Chalk inks first, then stamped on them with Black StazOn ink. Then I scratched some highlights into the tiles with a fine needle tool. I attached the tiles onto a black card on which I had stamped and clear-embossed a script background stamp. I like the effect very much, and it's an easy technique. And - if you don't like a result, just scratch off the ink and start again ;-)
Have a wonderful rest of the week - I'll be back on Sunday.

2 comments:

Biggan said...

Welcome to Sweden!! Hope you have nice visit here! This card is lovely! I must look for these stampboards!

Birgit/Biggan

Sankari W. said...

what a great technique! the result is beautiful! would you mind posting a tutorial someday? Hope you have a wonderful trip!!! Can't wait to see all your new projects!
Best wishes from Iowa ;)
Sankari