Monday, September 15, 2008


My first autumn card for this year... days are pretty cool now, it's getting dark quite early, and we have REALLY cold nights already! The leaves aren't yet red or brown, but I guess it can't take long anymore.
I used today's Splitcoaststampers' featured technique: Glitter surprise. I wanted to catch some autumnal mood in my card, but I didn't have glitter in green or orange colors. So my copper glitter had to work for it...
I stamped the background (Judi Kins) onto brown cardstock with my Glue Pad and added copper glitter, let it dry FOR A WHILE (!!!), then brushed away the excess. The leaf image (Stampendous) was stamped onto green cardstock, embossed with copper powder and colored with some Stargazers' colors. The two large leaves are punched with an embossing punch (Woodware) and sponged with Brilliance copper ink, Colorbox Fluid Chalks brown and green inks, wiped with some rust luster rub-ons and highlighted with copper stickles. I sprayed the right part of my card with some green Shimmering Mist and stamped some dots (Kaleidoskop) with Brilliance copper over that.
Finally, I added a green leaf ribbon.
The card is VERY sparkling IRL, it doesn't really show up on the scan. Hope you like it anyhow!

1 comment:

Sankari W. said...

wow! that is a beautiful card! love the ribbon and all the techniques that you did! the copper glitter adds such a great autumnal feel - and i love the glimmer mist - such a great lovely way to welcome fall! it is starting to get cold here too - but only late at night and early in the morning... i can't wait to take a walk in the park when the leaves are all golden :) hope you are well !!! much love,
Sankari :)