Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!


Today's my Dad's 66th birthday. I was asked last minute to create a card for him by my MIL, so this was what I came up with quickly.
The chipboard numbers are painted with Ranger Distress Crackle paint, then overstamped with brown StazOn (number stamp by Hampton Art Stamps). The design paper is by Cosmo Cricket, I overstamped a swirl by Prima Marketing with Ranger Distress ink Tea Dye. The ribbon is by Elsie, and the Fastenater and staple I used are by EK Success. Embossing powder by Judi Kins, sentiment stamp (saying "Happy Birthday") by Stempelbar.




And this is my own card for my Dad. He's GREAT at solving problems, so I thought this image would be perfect for him - this guy has a BIG problem, doesn't he?!? The image (manufacturer???) is stamped with Palette noir onto watercolor paper, then watercolored. The little stamp I used for the brad means "Good Luck" and is by Kaleidoskop. I stamped it with Blue StazOn onto the brad, then added a silk flower and tiny metallic brads (by Rayher). The card was cuttlebug embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.

No comments: