Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cards for Baptism

I think it is always difficult to create cards for people you don't know at all. I was asked to create a card for baptism, and I don't know the one who will send the card neither the parents of the baby. I don't even know if it's a girl or a boy! And should it be more a baby card, or a more religious card???
So I decided to create two cards to choose from.



This one should also qualify for today's Splitcoaststampers' Ways To Use It challenge: creative images. The challenge was to create the main image not with a stamp but with punches, torn paper, brads or something else. So I made this stroller with the help of my circle punches. I added a lot of rhinestones and stickels. The dotted background is by Kaleidoskop, the sentiment by Stempelbar.


This is my second card (I think my favorite one). I used psalm 91 for my sentiment:

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.

I think the angel image (American Art Stamps) is perfect for that psalm. I colored the image with Stargazers Palette watercolors. And I used my new flourish punch.

No comments: