Monday, February 1, 2010

Virtual Stamping Night - Part 4


This is for the Mini VSN Spotlight On Ice challenge.
The challenge was to feature one's favorite olympic game using the spotlight technique. When I read about the challenge, I had immediately in mind this cute Peanuts stamp by Stampabilities...
I know that the original spotlight technique leaves the main image monochromatic and colors only the spotlight piece, but I considered it such a pity to leave Charlie Brown monochromatic... guess he would have got a severe depression if I did that, LOL! So i cheated a little bit and colored everything, nevertheless, there's a spotlight, isn't it?! I used all the olympic colors in my image (yeah, where's the yellow??? Take a close look on Charlie's cap!), and I added some Stickles for the snow - hard to be seen on the photo. And because it is hard to see as well: The tab on top of the card says "Snowball Fight", and the epoxy sticker says "Sleigh Ride".
I hope you have the same fun looking at this card I had when creating it...

Border punch by CreaMotion, epoxy stickers and tab by Around The Block, background cardstock embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder. The image is colored with Tombow markers.

No comments: