Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Africa - Expect Miracles!


A very close friend of mine goes to Africa as a pastor for a while. I wanted to give her as a farewell present a little book to use to write down her experiences. I chose an African-themed design paper (Bo Bunny Press) for the cover and punched out a square. Then I stamped an African scene (Art Gone Wild, one of my oldest stampes, I'm pretty sure that it is discontinued) with Palette Noir onto butterscotch cardstock, watercolored it and attached it behind the punchout. I added a copper charm from Pixie Press ("expect miracles" - I think one CAN expect miracles when travelling to Africa!) and some fibers.
I hope my friend will like this little book and use it often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christiane - Dein Afrika Buch für Deine Freundin ist wunderschön geworden!!!!
Sie wird immer schmunzeln und an Dich denken, wenn sie es zur Hand nimmt !!!!

Lieben Gruß, Dani

Sankari W. said...

i am sure she will love her book especially because it was made with so much love and given to her specifically! beautiful papers and watercoloring and charm! what a great way to document this special time in your special book!

hope you are doing well and that your husband is doing well too! things here are good - this week has been ridiculously crazy - but today has been nice to have some little down time. It is really cold here and my kids and I are going to have a snack: chai for me and milk and cookies for them :)

Sending you a ton of happiness and love
Please give your dear husband our regards from Iowa!
love,
Sankari :)