Sunday, October 5, 2008

Large Tree? Small Car?


One more for the Cardmaking Day Challenges! I took the the Splitcoast Stampers Ways to Use Challenge "use a tree on your card!" as the perfect opportunity to make a first attempt on this year's Xmas cards. A Christmas Tree IS a tree, isn't it??!? LOL! And this is even a LARGE one!!!
I think this image is so funny - I know scenes like this IRL just too well... With my husband trying to fix a two and a half meters Xmas tree on our car...
I stamped the image with Palette Noir ink onto white cardstock and colored it with watercolors. Hard to see on the photo, but parts of the car and the red clothes are very sparkly IRL, I used a glitter pen on them. The sentiment and snowflakes were stamped with Snowcap White Adirondack pigment ink, but I added some white gelly pen to make it pop out a little bit more. The brads are from Sweden - I think they were originally intended to be used on baby cards, but I think they make the perfect snowflake brads...
The card did not turn out exactly what I wanted it to. I think I have to work some more on the coloring or add more paper piecing. Nevertheless, it's okay for a first attempt - or what do you think?

1 comment:

Sankari W. said...

I think that this card is beautiful and I love your coloring - it really gives it a special feel - more fluid. those brads that you got from Sweden are gorgeous - it fits so perfectly with your card! and that tree is awesome - reminds me of christmases of the past and the crazy adventure stories on how we transported our trees home :)