Sunday, February 22, 2009

Virtual Stamping Night at Splitcoast!

This weekend there's the Virtual Stamping Night at the Splitcoaststampers Forum! This means that there are posted challenges every hour at Friday and Saturday evening, and you have 45 minutes to complete a challenge. You can do as much challenges you like, and the best cards later will be presented in an honor gallery. GREAT FUN!!!!



This is for the FEB09VSNL challenge: A Wee Bit O' Love.
The challenge was to use at least three inchies on the card. I decided to use stampoboard inchies and an African theme.
The images were stamped with Palette Noir ink onto the stampboard inchies, then colored with Tombow markers and sponged with Fluid chalks. Finally I scratched some white highlights into the stampboard with a carving tool.
Images by Judi Kins, "wild" by Art Impression, zebra brad by Eyelet Outlet, ribbon by Basic Grey, dp by Bo-Bunny-Press.
Do I have to explain that I would really love to travel to Africa some day???



Okay, this is a FUN card. It's for the FEB09VSNH challenge: You're My Obsession. Well, my obsession is...surprise, surprise... STAMPING!!!!
I own a lot of funny "stamping stamps", so I combined the Traffic Sign (by Stamps In Motion) and my Stamping Bella (by Stamping Bella) - looks like she just jumped out of the car and let her husband drive his way alone - she has to make a stop at the stamp store first...you know this situation?!?
Design paper by Crea Motion, heart brad by Rayher, images stamped with Versamark, then embossed with violet embossing powder and colored with Tombow markers.



This is for the FEB09VSNG challenge: As You Wish.
The challenge was to stamp something about a quote from The Princess Bride movie.
I chose the quote: You be careful. People in masks cannot be trusted.
I have this wonderful large mask stamp (by Judi Kins) and wanted to use it. I stamped it onto shrink plastic so that the size would fit onto my card, colored the image from the back with pencils, shrinked the image and added some wire and beads. The sentiment is handwritten. Design paper by Junkitz, I stamped some hearts onto it from the Build-A-Swirl clear stamps set by Prima marketing.

Hey, take part in the challenges, too! It's FUN!!!

No comments: