Saturday, July 29, 2017

Tou-can do it!


Hi and happy weekend to you all!

Today it's my turn on the Cards und More Shop Blog!

Did you know that there are 12 new colors of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks? I just love the Distress Oxides because they are so easy to blend, have wonderful colors and achieve just amazing effects when you stamp into them with water. So I am just over the moon because recently there were launched 12 new colors of the Distress Oxides. I got them two days ago and couldn't resist using them immediately. So I created this card with my new Distress Oxide inks and some beautiful stamps by Krumspring!




 I started by stamping the Krumspring Toucan stamp onto white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and masking it.
Then I blended Distress Oxide inks twisted citron, lucky clover, peacock feathers and seedless preserves onto some white cardstock with my Ranger blending tool. I spritzed my Krumspring One Triangle at a Time stamp with water and stamped onto the inked cardstock. This removes the Oxide ink and creates a beautiful oxidated effect.

Then I sprayed the whole panel with Prima Color Bloom Spray Glistening Waves. It creates a wonderful shimmer. I removed the mask from the toucan and colored it with markers, then I added some clear Wink of Stella onto its wings and some Ranger Glossy Accents onto the beak.Look at the sparkle!


I die-cut some leaves out of leftovers from my Oxide-inked cardstock and glued them onto the panel, stamped the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder and added a dot of blue Ranger Enamel Accents. I mounted the whole panel onto a black card. That makes the colors pop out even more.

Hope you like the result! And yay, Tou-can do it! ;-)

Have a great weekend!
Hugs, 

Christiane


Materials I used:

Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Oxides Ink Pad Twisted Citron
Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Oxides Ink Pad Seedless PreservesRanger - Tim Holtz Distress Oxides Ink Pad Lucky Clover Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Oxides Ink Pad Peacock Feathers  Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool 2,5cm round   KRUMSPRING - One Triangle At A Time 105 x 150 mm KRUMSPRING - Tou-Can Do It! 105 x 90mm Memento Stempelkissen TUXEDO BLACK   PRIMA Color Bloom Spray Mist - Glistening Waves - PM573942 ZIG Wink of Stella Brush Clear Glitter MS-55/999  Ranger Glossy Accents Lindy's Stampg Gang 2-Tone Embossing Powder .5oz - Pure White Ranger - Enamel Accents  - Caribbean Coast 

No comments: