Monday, August 7, 2017


Hi and welcome,

I hope you all had a great wekend!

Today I want to show you a card that is playing with a lot of contrasts - black, white accents and a lot of color. I therefore used bleaching, a very old technique, but still one of my favorites.

I got the Waffle Flower Enveloper Hello stamp set by a dear friend for my birthday, and I absolutely wanted to use it today. First, I stamped several images side by side with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto white cardstock. I masked the girl's face, then sponged the whole image with mowed lawn Distress ink. Then I fussy-cut the image.
For the background I sponged white cardstock with Ranger distress inks mowed lawn, squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry and salty ocean. First I sponged through the Dutch Doobadoo Stencil Fabric, thenI removed the stencil and sponged with the same colors again. I added some more images of the stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. It looked like ths:

With simple household bleach I then bleached the images - be careful when working with bleach, you should only do this in well-ventilated rooms, and don't you get anything onto your skin or into your eyes! Nevertheless, the effect of bleach is kind of magic!


Then I colored the bleached images with markers and added accents with a white gelly pen. Finally, I stamped the words "Hi" and "Happy Mail". I glued the main image onto the background, then everything onto black cardstock and onto a white card.
Here's a close-up of the finished card:


It's kind of a cheer-up card, I think.
I hope I could make your Monday a bit happier with this, and perhaps you got inspired to play with bleach and white accents, too!

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Material-Liste/List of materials:

 Waffle Flower Stamp Set - Enveloper Hello Memento Stempelkissen TUXEDO BLACK Ranger Mini Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn 
 Ranger Mini Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade  Ranger Mini Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry  Ranger Mini Distress Ink - Salty OceanDutch Doobadoo Dutch Mask Art - Fabric

No comments: