Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Mermaid alert!

Something completely different from me today...
Usually; I'm well-known for my funny animal cards or some kind of snarky cards...well, a few flower cards here or there... and perhaps an altered book or something like that... But my little niece is going to start school in September, and in Germany, there's the tradition to give children a "Schultuete" on their very first day at school - a large cardstock cornet filled with sweets and little gifts and with a richly decorated outside. My niece asked me to create a mermaid-themed Schultuete, and though this is TOTALLLY out of my comfort zone, this is what I started with today...
The copics I used are:
  • BV29, B99, B39, B37 and B95 for the hair
  • BG72, BG05, BG02, BG00, G00 and Y11 for the fish tail
  • YR23, YR31, Y13 and Y11 for the scallop
  • R20, R00, E00, E000 and BG70 for the skin
And of course I use several Wink of Stella brush pens for all the sparkle.


And though this is not my usual style, I have to admit I love the result...

Now it's time to decorate the Schultuete... I'll show you Pictures of the finished project!

No comments: