Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bella Meets Zindorf

Just in the mood for some goofy thing this evening...
Playing around with today's Splitcoaststampers' sketch challenge, I wanted to use my Cruisabella (perhaps some result of my yearning for some sun, with so much rain in the last weeks that I could hardly use my convertible this summer!). But I wanted to do some brayering and sponging, too - I'm always practising in some silly hope that one day I could achieve "Zindorfian" results... Do you know Michelle Zindorf's wonderful Blog with those gorgeous tutorials? Please check out my blog list on the right and look at Michelle's blog!
SO - though I assume that Michelle would never use a Bella on her cards and though I assume that Bella-Fans hardly use a brayer I just imagined how Bella would look like if she just was on her way to a private Zindorf-brayering class... (oh my gosh, would I be envious of her about that, LOL).
I first stamped Bella with Black StazOn on glossy cardstock, then masked her completely with some post-it notes and created the street, grass, sky and sun by sponging different shades of Adirondack inks (masking parts of the scene as needed). I added some definition to the grass with some mini stamps and added some flowers with markers. Then I stamped the trees, Bella still being masked. I removed the masks and colored Bella, the car and the trees with Tombow markers and added some highlights with a white gelly pen. Oh, by the way, I didn't expect the Tombow markers to work on glossy cardstock and first tried LetrasetProMarkers, but they seem to use the same solvent as the StazOn ink does, so they smeared a little bit. I then tried the Tombows, and, surprise-surprise, they work excellent on glossy cardstock!
Finally I attached the scene onto green cardstock, added the corner brads, the ribbon and dp and attached it onto a white card. Oh, and because it's a BellaMobile, it needed some sparkle, so I added rhinestones for the headlamps.
Michelle, please forgive me, I love your cards and tutorials, I just had to do something daffy, so I combined your wonderful scenes with this Bella! And all you Bella-holics, please forgive me, I really admire your super-sweet and perfect Bella cards - I'll try to get to something more "serious" again next time...
BUT...don't you think, this Cruisabella has just a lot of fun on her way to the private Zindorf class???

1 comment:

Sankari W. said...

Wow Christiane! That is a beautiful Bella card - and I wish I could go with her to a private Zindorf class!!! You did such an amazing job with this card - the background is fabulous! and I love the photocorners too - a very fun touch!!!! Love IT!!!!!