Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Two cards for a double occasion - wedding and baptism



A neighbour asked me to create two cards for a couple who is celebrating their wedding and the baptism of their baby at the same time this weekend. So, this is the first card I came up with.
I chose a Hero Arts wedding stamp set and exchanged one of the stamps with a stork stamp. I used the gamsol magic technique for the coloring (okay, in Europe you can't get gamsol and Prismacolor pencils, so I took some odor-reduced terpentine and Karisma pencils instead), and though I think I need some more practice and perhaps should use other blending stumps, I'm pretty content with the result. I added some stickles and attached the little image panels with dimensionals. The sentiment is computer-printed.



This is the second card I came up with.
I used an old SU set with black ink and added some red stickles. I attached the stamped images with dark red cardstock onto a heart-embossed white cardstock, added a heart brad (uuumphhh, okay, just to cover a little spot...), some polka-dot sheer ribbon, some beaded wire with felt hearts, a computer-generated sentiment and some white gelly pens dots at the lower border.
Look for the second card, too!

What do you think? Which card do you like better?

1 comment:

Sankari W. said...

WOW!!! I LOVE LOVE these cards - they are so fun and beautiful!!! Great Work!!!
I just gave you an award on my blog - it has been such a pleasure to get to know you through your art in this wonderful magical world of blogland! Thank you so much for being my blog friend!!!
I am so very honored!

Maybe someday we could take a Zindorf class together!!! Hope you are well !
Much love from Iowa :)