Friday, July 11, 2008

Sunshine??? Where's the sunshine???


It's been a rainy day, no, a rainy week in Germany, and what do the Splotcoasters do??? They come up with a sunshine-themed challenge!!! AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! A limited supplies challenge: no designer paper, few embellishments, only sunshine...

Hey, this was an inbelievable hard challenge for a someone who has to stand the German rain which has been lasting for more than a week now - without any stop (except for a tiny little thunderstorm, perhaps...)!
So my limited supplies was the sunshine!!! Not any embellishments!!! LOL!!!
I stamped a scene with some Zindorf-influence (Do you know Michelle Zindorf's wonderful cards? Look at my blog list!), knowing that I never achieve her wonderful results, but nevertheless trying again and again. The palm tree was stamped and colored with markers, then covered with a Versamark pen and embossed with clear powder. I then sponged the island, sea and sky with a lot of Adirondack and Memento inks. I added some waves with a white gelly pen and overstamped the word Sunshine in black, then added some highlights with the white gelly pen. And I couldn't resist to use some tiny beach elements as embellishment (please don't use the buzzer on me because of that, blame it on my sun withdrawal!).

Do you like the card?

No comments: